1. OUR DETAILS
“We”, “us” and “our” means MTV Networks Europe which is a Delaware partnership between MTV Networks Europe Inc and Viacom Networks Europe. Our principal place of business is at 17-29 Hawley Crescent, London NW1 8TT. Our VAT number is GB466509032. If you have any questions or concerns you may contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
3. HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
We collect your information in the following ways.
· When you give it to us, for example when you:
- opt in to receive any of our newsletters or other marketing information
· if it is passed to us by our affiliates, partners or other third parties with your consent
4. HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We use your information operationally to:
· identify your personal preferences for any communications to you such as newsletters
· to respond to or deal with any queries or complaints that you may have
In addition and with your consent we (and if applicable, our partners or other trusted third parties) use your information for certain marketing, market research, analysis and related purposes. It is up to you how much or how little information you allow us to use for these purposes. Our on screen notices will ask for your explicit permission (often by way of a tick box) for such additional purposes. These purposes include:
· to communicate with you from time to time by email, by mobile (using SMS or, if your mobile device permits, MMS messages or similar technologies) and occasionally by post with our newsletters, information, offers and other material which may interest you (such communications may be sent by third party service providers on our behalf)
· to conduct market research, for example by asking you to participate in a survey about topical issues conducted by us or trusted partners or third parties. We will always try to tell you before you participate in the survey how any information you provide in the survey will be used
· to enable us and third parties acting on our behalf to analyse your information, in a non-identifying form, (generally in the form of statistics), so that we can identify trends about usage of our online or other services and improve them
We also reserve the right to access and disclose your personal information in order to comply with applicable laws, to comply with lawful requests from governments, law enforcement agencies or parties whose request we reasonably consider to be justified in connection with any allegations by any party about your abuse of our services, to operate our systems properly or to protect ourselves or our users.
Some of the partners and third parties with whom we share your information may be outside of the European Union, by using our online services you consent to the transfer of your personal information outside of the EU.
5. UNSUBSCRIBING/ AMENDING YOUR INFORMATION / NEWSLETTERS
You can amend or remove information you give us via our online services at any time.
To unsubscribe from a newsletter or other email distribution or to remove all of your information from our database click on the relevant link on the newsletter/other email (which can normally be found at the bottom of the communication) or deselect the relevant tick boxes within the “Preferences” pages of our online services
If you want to remove all of your information from our database or have any questions about privacy issues, you can contact us by sending an email to email@example.com confirming your name, email address and telephone number and asking for your information to be removed or specifying any questions you may have.
6. AUTOMATIC INFORMATION
Examples of the information that may be analysed using cookies are user-name, email address and password, the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, browser type and version, operating system and platform you use to connect, areas of our online services that you viewed or searched for, the Uniform Resource Locators (URLs) from or through which you entered and exited our online services and the date and time of such activity.
You can use the “Help” section of the tool bar on most browsers to change the settings on your computer, for example to notify you when you receive a cookie, or to refuse all cookies. However, some of the features of our online services may not work or may be more difficult to access if you refuse all cookies.
We have taken steps to ensure that your personal information is secure, including limiting the number of people who have physical access to our database servers, as well as electronic security systems and password protections that guard against unauthorised access.
8. BUSINESS TRANSFERS
In the unlikely event that we sell or otherwise dispose of some or all of our business to another party, we reserve the right to transfer your information as part of any assets sold or disposed of and you consent to such transfer.
This policy was last updated on 03 November 2011